Support for Staff:
- Advocated for one-time retention payments with stimulus funding.
- Increased wages and protected benefits for educators and staff.
- Sponsored resolution to “Grow Our Own” teachers and staff.
- Sponsored resolution to develop a teacher appreciation program.
Technology and Broadband:
- Advocated for significantly increased technology support for families during remote learning.
- Sponsored “All Systems Go: A Computer Science Community Initiative for Santa Fe,” creating the most comprehensive CS program in the State.
- Advocated for increased broadband access and partnership with the City of Santa Fe.
- Sponsored “Solarize Santa Fe” resolution which offers solar power generation access to SFPS employees.
- Supported increasing solar power generation at SFPS facilities.
- As Board President, eliminated plastic water bottle use at School Board meetings.
Building Community, Equity, and Diversity:
- Sponsored resolution adopting community schools framework for SFPS.
- Sponsored resolution to “Enhance Equity and Excellence” while reimagining our schools.
- Initiated an ‘Acknowledgement of Tribal Land’ at all Board Meetings.
- Advocated for an entrepreneurial training program in middle school (it’s doing great!).
- Coordinated information sharing and collaboration among community partners.